Make Marketing History

The views of a marketing deviant.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

False Economy Marketing.

Yesterday, I popped into another trade show/conference full of people not marketing to potential customers and was, yet again, given an ID badge without a lanyard/cord.

At least, the clothing-damaging safety pin had been replaced with a magnetic device, but it transpired that this failed to work on anything but the thinnest of materials. My ID went in my pocket.

By chance, some of the exhibitors were suppliers of such lanyards, so I ascertained that the cost of a fully-corded ID runs to about 18p (40 cents) - a sum far less than the cost of the various mail-outs I'd received and binned in the weeks running-up to the show.

Small things make big differences and big things get ignored.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home