Make Marketing History

The views of a marketing deviant.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Open Source Discussion Opens Sores.

Interesting to see how Hugh provokes a conversation by framing a question in a way that highlights two sides of a product battle.

Even more interesting to see how the vast majority of respondents are thus led to take one or other side of the argument. I'm not sure this is exclusive to the tech sector, but the focus seems to be all on the "product" and little on the customer.

The really interesting solutions in any sector lie away from any of the existing answers and, in a business where disrupting products are available for free, it seems to me (yet again) that financial success will be achieved because of the product and not with the product.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you find any issue with bloggers referencing their clients? I grapple with this (never have mentioned a client, only the industry and lessons learned). I'm just not right with it personally, though I haven't decided it's out-and-out wrong for others. I guess I'm still unsure on it so my doubt leads me to the don't side. Curious as to what you think.

Not sure what I'll ultimately decide.

9:21 PM, April 20, 2007  
Blogger john dodds said...

Hugh's clients want to be mentioned. That's the deal.

10:59 AM, April 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home