Make Marketing History

The views of a marketing deviant.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Is Your Welcome Genuine?

The sign above the bank's reception booth says welcome.

There are staff and customers in the distance. I am seen but not acknowledged. There is no bell. I wait and wait and wait. Ten minutes this time, five minutes another. I enter the body of the beast. I walk around. I hear other grumbling customers. Still no acknowledgement.

Dealing with other customers' queries is important, having posters that announce that "our staff are here to help you" is nice, but not ensuring that your reception (be it real or virtual) is always, always staffed is just the dumbest thing.

A busy day, staff shortages or dealing with another customer are excuses not justification. Excuses are never good enough.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My bank makes sure I feel valued by having a shiftless security guard sitting right at the door.

So - the first thing I see is "we're not sure we trust you."

The second message is "we're not too picky about our staff."

12:55 PM, July 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home