Make Marketing History

The views of a marketing deviant.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Make Marketing Consistent.


Cusquena is very fine beer. It seems I drink quite a lot of it - either that or I don't go to the recycling plant very frequently.

Anyway, my friend Amanda told me it was the best beer in South America (she should know)and that the detail imprinted on the bottle depicts the ruins of Incan temples that can be found in Peru. They're distinctive bottles because of that.


When I first became aware of Cusquena, it was sold in cases that offered two free glasses as a promotional offer and you will be unsurprised to know that I've amassed a few. But I hadn't looked at them until recently. For a launch promotion, you'd expect something along the lines of the bottle wouldn't you? Marketing that was consistent, distinctive and reinforcing of the premium claim. But what I got was this.


The beer deserves much, much better. The phrase "play hard or go home" springs to mind.

2 Comments:

Blogger john dodds said...

I received and accidentally deleted a comment recommending Presidente from Dominican Republic and Vicotry form Mexico.

1:18 PM, February 21, 2010  
Anonymous Promotional Products said...

Sounds like a drink I'll have to try. Speaking of crazy bottles from South America, I am always a fan of Skol from Brazil... it has built in thumb slots for your holding pleasure. Great post!

10:46 PM, February 25, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home